Friday, January 10, 2014

Waterfall


Book: Waterfall

Author: Lisa T. Bergren

Published:  February 1, 2011

Pages: 369

Rating by Katie: 5 out of 5 stars
Gabriella and Avangelia Betarrini are working with their mother in Tuscany during their summer vacation. Their mother, an archaeologist has just discovered some ancient tombs. While her mother is busy arguing with an Italian archaeologist over some paper work that she did not turn in, Gabi and her sister Lia start exploring a tomb that has caught their attention. While exploring some ancient paintings on the walls of the tomb, they notice a pair of drawn hand prints that match their own in size. Gabi is intrigued and must investigate further. Both sisters put their hands on the prints and then their world changes! Literally!
Gabi finds herself in 14th century Italy, without her sister, and in the sights of  Lord Marcello.
Gabi has a hard time coping with her new surroundings, and on top of that she is in search of her sister who is now lost. Gabi can only assume that she has been taken captive by Lord Marcello's enemy.
Marcello and Gabi go on an adventure of battle, dancing and romance while trying to locate and rescue Lia.
Gabi is not like any woman Marcello has met before. With her independent ideas, her using a sword and riding a horse like a man, he seems to fall more in love with her every day. His betrothed, Ramana is not happy with his new distraction and is soon doing her best to get rid of this new Lady Betarrini.

I loved every minute of this book.
Never a dull moment! So much fun and action and a little romance. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG! I mean I literally sat there after reading it, holding it to my chest and thinking about how wonderful it was.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, your last line made me cry! Thank you for diving into the River of LIFE with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I mean I literally sat there after reading it, holding it to my chest and thinking about how wonderful it was." I have done this, but only with truly amazing books. This sounds great, it just made my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book. Please let me know what you think about it after you are done reading it. I am curious to see if you love it just as much as I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great review Katie. Sounds like the sort of book I will enjoy.I have added to TBR :)

    ReplyDelete